About Us

The Brownsville Composite Squadron has a long history since it was chartered in December 1941. On December 1, 1941, Civil Air Patrol (CAP) was founded as a civilian auxiliary to the U.S. Army Air Corp a few days prior to the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. CAP establishes coastal Patrol bases from Maine to Mexico. Coastal Patrol Base #12 was first in Brownsville and later in San Benito. Base #12 CAP volunteer pilots fly over 30,000 hours of patrol missions along the South Texas coast looking for German U-Boats and helping to secure the nations border. In 1947, CAP becomes the official auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force by and act of congress. In 1957 the Brownsville Composite Squadron was chartered as a cadet and senior squadron and has been activie at the Brownsville / South Padre Island International Airport ever since.

Civil Air Patrol, The Corporation

Click here to view 2014-2015 CAP STRATEGIC PLAN.